Sunday, March 28, 2010

Boys jump off the cars, and splash into the street.

image / hedi slimane

As I sit inbewteen a conversation about American basketball, getting confusing, not knowing who the people are, or what the hell the conversation as a whole is about, I think I should probably do my photography. This is silly. I keep getting the urge to jump in with some witty remark, that I'll laugh at, but no one else. It's getting harder to resist. I'm trawling through photographs that Hedi Slimane (who happens to be an ex-Dior designer) has taken (well, it IS photography...), and I'm thinking; why this obsession with cigarettes. Sure, they smoke. Which is cool. Smoke furls and unfurls and twists and jives - but so do I. Am I cool? Do I deserve to be feature in (almost) every, underground, beautiful photoshoot? Yes. I do (Get the joke?!).  The boys either side of me are getting excited because they are playing pool online, and winning. There are periodic gasps of joy, grief and entertainment. This is one of those; This is your life moments. And I thought it was bad to sink the white ball....

No comments:

Post a Comment