Sunday, March 14, 2010

lets talk about....

\

image/ fashion gone rouge



warning to anyone from my family reading this; stop while you're a head, we're talking about sexuality and attuides toward female liberation.

as i trundle about in my high heeled, brown suede ankle boots, it appears to me that the general population seem to be afraid of unabashed female sexualtiy. i strut about, unashamed, while most people either don't make eye contact, or look away. it's apple juice for god's sake, not some kind of alurring whiskey, or some serum gifted to me by cupid (who isn't a cherub - more of a desenting renagade - god damn 'square' pop-culture turning awesome deities into some sort of valentines day mutants). sure, high heels were once invented for the benefit of males. guys.men. whatever you want to call them. but i don't wear them because i want to attract male atteantion (if anything, you can all just piss off. you only ever complicate things - oh my feminist forebearers would be so proud!), i wear them because they make me feel good. i understand the long held views that high heels (h)opress women, break their feet and suck up vast amounts of money for no real gain (in fact, three months of wear until they fall apart, if you don't care for them). but they make me feel awesome, powerful and frankly, kick ass. in short, don't judge mejust because i'm ruining my back with two and a half inch heels. i like them, and if you don't, tough.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I read through that whole thing without caring once.

    ReplyDelete