Sunday, August 26, 2012

i spent last night
cashing in all my bad luck.
he gave me back so many things
one of them being you,
you my love,
my heart of hearts.

i spent last night forgiving
all my sins, he said: "go girl,
don't be afraid of the cold
winter breeze, you'll see that
everything turns out fine.

from rough patch to 
rough patch you'll glide
of gold ice, and you know
yeah you know
everything turns out fine"

and i said: "oh for sure, you know
you're the reason i exist, i know it
too - you could crush me like 
a bug, you could crush me like
a leaf, you could crush me like
a moth but i don't think you will yet 
 - please not yet - 
because there's a lot you have for me to do.

i spent last night cashing
in all my bad luck, giving it
away and not being half as bad
as you are good. i spent last night
in bliss, in warmth, in love, in tune
with you.

you've given me all i could ever want for in a
conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment