Saturday, August 18, 2012

i was lost
inside the dark 
poured out my last
thoughts into the
emptiness, and tried
hard to walk straight
through his eyes - but no
its harder to fight than fake
it and each time he kissed
my chest, i swore and swore
and swore again i was faking.
inside the rooms of sweet
smelling flowers hand painted black
by hand i kept my step
light (or as light as could
be) and kept moving
in what felt like a forward direction.

i had no idea i was meandering 
toward you.

it only took one foot, one foot
to show me that there was something
more than what i thought there was
a reality totally devoid of darkness
only shades and shadows and 
tones shifting as sand slides 
through air - on my love
you have given me the means
and the ways to shake away
the cobwebs and create -
you were right, come 
whetu wahine, come
my love with you 
i'm never 
faking.

No comments:

Post a Comment