Saturday, November 17, 2012

he's a curvature.
geometrically succinct and
everything he does is
measured and made to cut.
he felt like blades under my skin,
carefully carving the muscle from flesh.
he made me hollow, and let
my insides seep out the
hole he cut in my eyelids.
that way he could always see
where my gaze was, he always
blindfolded me, and gazed the other way.
he always blindfolded me with words
and gazed the other way.

so when i finally, out of frustrations
and heated blood, ran out of patience
and time, he decided it was right to show
me his hidden angles.

he drew a line down my body with his
tears and boyish valour, and
he drew the love out of me.
then from above, he cut me with it.
he sliced a line. he carved a ditch
from under my jaw, down my
neck, over the hill of my collar bone,
in between the rise of my breasts.
he dug a rut down my sternum, and
pierced my stomach lining right through.
he did it all with my love, and salt.

he used myself against me.
destroyed my sense of intellect
and purpose, and stole my finger
nails. devoid of anything i called my
purposes i sat inside the softest
pillow of mourning, and
wallowed in my own self disgrace.
he would have taken her hands
and laced them over himself,
he would have let his lips
do the talking, and his eyes
do the looking. i was left
on the floor of the hallway
melting into the wooden floorboards,
but he was lacing himself
through her hair and her skin,

 and when i grew, he stayed stagnant.
my eyelids regenerated and i
found a new future generation to put
my hope in. i found a new sense of
sensibility and a new way to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment