Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's been a rough week.





Sunday,
wake up. give me a cigarette,
to put a smoke buffer between me and the
loop inside my head. 
it creeps into my bones, and sallows
my pride and I'm left yellow and green
inside our black silk bedsheets,
flipping around like a diver off the high board.
I feel like I'm some sort of imp hanging upside down in a tree.
But I'm real happy, because I've got 
all my naughtiness out and I'm doing pretty well.

Monday,
wake up. Give me bright eyes,
so I can see through my damaged pride.
Maybe a stick too, so I can hide and hide and hide
and hide. I want to see the sun
set over the china-blue mountains
and taste the sweet sweat the the tip of my tongue as
I forge through the bamboo bushes and pandas to
a vantage point high above the sea. 
Where I can want to breathe, if I so want to do so.

Tuesday,
wake up. Give me a quill and will
to understand. Don't take my shoulders 
and tell me to be strong
I can cry and cry if I want to. All along
the brazen shores gold cast iron swings and oak double doors.
Invite me in, and we'll chat and drink
colored drinks laced with gin.
Then chokes up my spine,
and I like to close my eyes, so I can't see.
So I can't think, then I walk into a lamp post and sing bloody mary! Oh why, oh why, and oh why again.

Thursday,
wake up. Give me a map so
I can work out where I am. Stuck in glass
elevators with a bunch of chorus girls all dressed up with neon
plumage super-glued high to their sparkling tiaras and I feel so out of place
and yet I feel so safe. It's their dancing, it draws me in. Like
a whirl pool full of flames. They surround, all around me 
and the doors open up, with a flourish and then I'm there.
With flowers in my hair, and this dream is going crazy, the t-rex is at the door
and the beggars still want more, and I think that I just might
puke, all over the front row, but art, it's avant guard,
the reviews call me a star, and I'm falling back, back and back some more.

Friday,
wake up. Give me an electroshock,
to shake the confessions from me. Ever moving
darling, stop with this chit chat and come give me a cuddle.
I woke up covered in glitter in the gutter with some poor old bastards cane
and I don't think I meant to come, but I did now what do I do?
Caught in the fireworks bright display, my head's
spinning, flipping, turning. Someone's making
pancakes, my mind reels at the thought, and into the
gutter I hurl the sparklers I ate the night before.
Tell me god can you see me? As I pour my heart and my alcohol
down the drain, Quick! Get me on a train. I want
to see the world from outer space, Alpha Centuri is
calling out my name.

Saturday,
wake up. Give me another chance.
Give me another way.
Just one more, one more day.
I think I died and went away,
in the part where he spilled my guts.

1 comment:

  1. lovely poem..
    :)
    and in my room in the mornings the sunlight looks like that picture.
    x

    ReplyDelete