Sunday, October 21, 2012




please don't leave me
rocking through
eternity. i could
not sit still, when i
could never move.

i'm stuck eating the
last lollies trying hard
to keep my eyes open
(i don't want to pass out
during the sermon) but
i keep doing it.

sundays suit me well
and today's tuesday.
so far out of what i
know and love, i do
not understand words
coming out of the mouths
of children playing with paint.

i don't want to exist
in fantasy anymore, i want
to move, and shift, and sift my
way through a city
sprawling with good intent.

sift me through a city of
sprawling intent.

i took my last cough
and spread it thin. hide
my sickness and hide my
face in your chest. you
help me move, and i
will move my rooted feet.
my rotting feet will move.

an island of such sweet
conflitions, i will let myself
wash up on the shore, and
let myself bask for a moment
before standing, and walking
back the way i have was going

No comments:

Post a Comment